Saturday, September 9, 2017

Baxter County Fair

This being our first year as residents of Baxter County, we were excited to check out the County Fair. We had a great time. It was a perfect evening. When we entered, I asked the ticket lady how much it would be for the three of us, and she said "Fifteen dollars". I replied "That sounds like a fair price" and she gave me what I now call the Baxter stare. Declan went on to earn his very own Baxter stare by telling the owner of this 4H goat, that he was sporting a "Nice Goatee". Made me laugh.



Our favourite stand was a wagering game, wherein you put a quarter on a particular colour, and then they release a rat, like an actual living, breathing scurrying rat, and whatever colour hole he scurries into on the spinning colour wheel is the winner. I have never seen such a thing in all my days.



No comments:

Post a Comment