Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ski School!

We are in Vail for the Thanksgiving holiday which has given Declan a crack at ski school for the first time. 
Serious ski school swagger!



Getting measured for gear...

I stood outside for FOUR hours trying to get some good pictures and video of Declan's first day skiing.  Parents were kept pretty far away by a fence, and the sun made it very difficult to see.  I had my telephoto lens which allowed me to take pictures, but when I downloaded them to the computer  I realized that I had been taking pictures of someone else's kid for the most part.  In my defence, when you take a dozen three year olds and put them in helmets, goggles and matching pinnies, it is very very hard to tell who's who.  I am just  glad I brought the right one home. 

Declan is in the middle, really leaning into his boots!



So this is the only bit of video I managed to get where it's actually Declan skiing!  He loved ski school.  My only regret was that he wasn't able to attend the Colin Adamson School of Alpine Instruction.  Colin taught me how to snowboard by following behind me, continually asking "what's wrong with you? why can't you do this?", while videotaping all my falls. Good times.   

When we came out of Ski School, Declan saw this dog and said "Look Mommy, it's Rin Tin Tin!" Who knew he'd be hanging around in Vail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment