Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Royal Wedding



I was supposed to be in Denver this weekend, but my ovaries, hereafter and ever more to be referred to "Empty Bags of Fail", did not cooperate.  Instead, with about 12 hours notice, I threw together a little impromptu champagne brunch to watch footage of Kate and William getting married.  I myself got up in the middle of the night to watch it in real time, but I could not expect the same commitment from my All-American guest list.  It really took me back to my childhood, getting up in the middle of the night to watch Diana and Charles get married.  I had the clearest intuition at that time that no good could come of a union that began in that dress, that hot taffeta mess:


But Kate got things all kinds of right, including her reception dress.  Love. 
Perhaps her only mistep was letting her sister Pippa look so good.  Regardless, we all enjoyed watching the festivities on this side of the pond, and I hope that the girls in attendance at our little brunch will remember watching a real princess get married.   Here's Kate and Abbey nailing the royal wave.  You can't teach that kind of elegance.

Everyone got to make their own take-home tiaras.   Declan unfortunately was at school while we were celebrating so his crown-wearing came later in the day, but he got two different ones. The first made of grass by our friend Ariel and the second he made himself. 



My boy likes a crown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment